For details about Admission procedure: International Admission Office Hoa Lac Campus, FPT University Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone number: +84 4 6326 3438 Mobile number: +84 984 422 421; +84 983 848 966; +84 932 241 911; For details about Student Services: Student Services Office Room 101, Hoa Lac Campus, FPT University Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Phone number: +84 4 6297 2947 Mobile number: +84 983 093 637
1.Am I an international student? An international student is a person who:
- is not a Vietnamese citizen, a Vietnamese Permanent Resident or a Permanent Humanitarian visa holder
- is enrolled in, or intends to enroll in, a study program with a Vietnamese higher education provider
- a person entitled to stay in, or enter and stay in, Vietnam with no limitations on the duration or nature of their stay.
- our International Admission office via email: email@example.com or contact our admission officers directly. See Contact Information
- FPTU’s approved education agents in the nearest areas.
- FPTU Application Form (download Application Form)
- Highest qualifications (High school diploma/Bachelor degree certificate/Other)
- International Passport
- Passport photo
- Certificate of English Proficiency: IELTS 5.5/TOEFL ibt 70/TOEFL pbt 550 (for applicants from non-English speaking countries)
1. Where do I find the course timetable? The course (class) timetable will be made available few weeks before enrollment opens for each study period and it should be used to create your own schedule. 2. My courses have several components, such as lectures, tutorials or workshops. Do I have to attend all of these? Yes, you will need to attend all course components for each course in which you enroll. Depending on the courses you take, you will normally have to attend combination of a lecture and one or more other course components that may include one or some of the following: lab classes, workshops. In the first class of each course, lecturer will introduce you about course structure and send you class time table to follow. 3. What is a prerequisite? Prerequisites are courses you must successfully complete before you can qualify for entry into a particular course at FPTU. Some courses have no prior study requirements and you will be able to take them without special approval. For other courses you will need to have completed a course at FPTU before you can enroll into it. 4. Can I enroll in two courses concurrently, if one is a prerequisite for the other? No, it is generally not possible to enroll in two courses concurrently if one of them is a prerequisite for the other. You will need to have successfully completed the prerequisite course, before you can enroll in the advanced course. In exceptional circumstances this may be allowed. Please contact our Student Service Officer for further consultancy, in case you need help. 5. What is a course outline? The course outline is an important document that gives you all the key information about the course you are enrolled in. It summarizes the course objectives, assessment requirements and schedule of topics covered in the course. It will also include information on the required textbooks for the course and the weekly reading list. You can find the course outlines for each of the courses you are enrolled on CMS.
1. How many courses do I have to take as an international student? Depends on your program of choice, the number of courses you have to take are different. Students are encouraged to ask for assistance from Academic Department for information and details related to their courses and credits. 2. When do my classes start? What are the dates of my study period? You can find your academic schedule on by logging in Uniap system. 3. What online systems does FPTU use? FPTU used two different important online systems which students engage regularly. Uniap is the online system you use to manage your enrollment and your personal details. This includes planning your time table, enrolling in courses and classes, updating your personal details, viewing your financial details, grades and exam schedules. The FTP Portal (CMS) learning environment creates a web presence for all your FPTU courses. As an FPTU student, you use CMS to engage online with all your courses. On CMS, you will find the course outline, assessment details, workshop/assignment information and much more help you with your course. 4. How do I log into Uniap and CMS? You can log in these 2 systems by using your FPT email account. User name and password of your account are officially given to you in the welcoming week. 5. What is my FPTU student email address? After your arrival, in the welcome week, you will be given your user name, password of your FPTU email account as well as guided how to use FPTU online systems by our staffs. Your FPTU student email address consists of your name, your student ID, followed by @fpt.edu.vn (e.g. ABCSB01101@fpt.edu.vn). You can log in your FPTU student email account via the log in panel of Gmail. Please do not forget to change your password in the first time you log in your email account. For technical support, you can ask for assistance in the IT department at the Main Campus. 6. I have a hold on my account and cannot enroll. What should I do? If you have a hold on your account that prevents you from enrolling, you will need to clear the hold before you can continue. A hold is often caused by an overdue payment, outstanding documentation. In order to clear the hold, you will need to pay your fees or provide FPTU with your outstanding documentation. If you have a hold on your account and you believe the above examples do not apply to you, please contact our Student Service Officer for further support.
COST & PAYMENT
1. How can I know how much is the Costs and Fees for my study at FPTU? For information related to total costs and fees for your study at FPTU, please contact directly to the International Admission office, FPT Global Office for details and consultation. The tuition fee notified to you is exclusive of re-studying fee. In case you are requested to retake a course due to failure, you have to pay extra fee for it. Furthermore, it should be noted that under the direction of Vietnamese Training and Education Ministry, tuition fee may be increased or decreased, and new fees may be established when deemed necessary. 2. Can I pay school fees by installments? Yes. In order to share financial pressure with students, FPTU allows them to pay tuition fee and other fees by installments. Depending on your chosen program (Undergraduate or Postgraduate), the number of installments may be different. 3. How can I pay my fees? At FPTU you can pay fees in variety of ways, including direct bank transfer, credit card and cash. If you are the commencing international students, there are 2 ways for you to pay your fees: – Direct enrollment: Follow the instruction on the Conditional Offer Letter and Fee Plan to pay the fees yourself using bank transfer with the Bank account information provided by FPTU. If you need any help, do not hesitate to contact us for support. – Through-agent enrollment: You can choose to pay your fee by yourself or authorize your agent to do it for you that may help you to save time and effort. If you are the continuing students, please follow the guidance in the “Letter of Financial Notification” sent to you by Student Service Office to pay your fee for next year.
ARRIVAL & ORIENTATION
1. When should I arrive in Hanoi? You should aim to arriv in Hanoi with sufficient time to settle in and acclimatize yourself to Vietnam, before orientation commences. However, you are required to be present in Vietnam no later than the date mentioned in the Admission Letter, so please check your letter carefully to prepare for your departure. 2. How do I get from the airport to my accommodation? We offer free airport pick-up service to all international students when you arrive in Hanoi. Please kindly send us your flight details at least 3 days before your departure so that we can arrange this service for you. At the airport, you will see a sign stated: FPT University for your attention. 3. What will I do during welcome week? The welcome week which aims to help you to get to know the University, lifestyle, then integrate yourself into FPT community, is held before the Official Orientation Day. In the first days, students are supported by mentoring team who are senior international or Vietnamese students to help them adapt to new environment as quickly as possible. If you need to buy any necessary item, it is time for you to do it. Furthermore, you will also get FPT account, temporary student ID card and text books in this week. Please refer to Student Handbook for more information. 4. Do I have to attend Orientation? Orientation Day, which is normally held 01 week before semester begins, is compulsory for international students and you will need to make sure that you arrive in Vietnam early enough to attend. This is a good opportunity for you as well as new international students to have the first meeting together and get important information about your stay and study in Vietnam, so make sure to not miss it. In certain circumstances, you may be able to attend a later orientation, if you are unable to attend the official one. However, please kindly contact us at least 1 day in advance if you cannot attend the orientation. 5. Do I need to buy textbooks and study materials? How much does it cost? You don’t need to buy textbooks for your courses. All text books are provided to students by FPT University. You will borrow textbooks from library in the early of semester, and then return them in the end of semester. Other study-related costs, depending on your chosen courses, include additional materials such as stationary, art supplies, field trips, printing and photocopy, which you should consider when planning your budget. 6. How can I communicate with my family and friends at home? Many of our international students use the internet to keep in touch with their family and friends at home. You can purchase a Vietnamese prepaid SIM card for your mobile phone also. Alternatively, you can send your family and friends a traditional letter or postcard. 7. What activities can I pursue at FPTU? At FPTU, there is a wide range of activities organized by Personal Development Program Department (PDP), which you can participate, ranging from sports and fitness, Clubs to international student trips. Below are the links that you can visit to find out more: Outdoor Activities Cultural Exploration
1. Should I find the accommodation before arrival? If yes, where can I find out more about accommodation in Hanoi? According to Vietnamese regulation, it is compulsory for international students to stay in the accommodation offered by university in at least 1 year. At FPTU, depending on your chosen program, you can stay in the dormitory inside our campus or International Student Village. Therefore, you don’t need to find the accommodation before arriving in Hanoi. When you finish payment as required, your accommodation is going to be prepared and completed before you come. 2. How far is it from the dormitory/ International Student Village to lecture hall/class room? The dormitory is inside the campus, so it takes you only few minutes to walk from there to your class. International Student Village is around 4-kilometre far from the school. It is very convenient for you to take a bus to go to school everyday. 3. Can I cook inside the dormitory? Unfortunately, you cannot. However, we comprehend that it is not easy for you to get used to local foods, so that we offer you separated cooking area where you can cook your favorite meals by yourself. 4. After year 1, if I want to move to new place, what should I do? If you want to move to another place after studying at FPT University, you should follow the following steps: – Step 1: Submit the request form accompany with: + House rental contract + Business license/certificate in corporation of house owner – Step 2: FPT University staff verifies those documents and confirm they are qualified or not. – Step 3: If your documents are qualified, you can to move to new place.
1. How can I apply visa to study at FPT University? Normally, FPTU will apply visa for you from Vietnam side. Then we will send you the visa reference code so that you can get your visa in the Vietnamese Embassy in your home country. In case, there is no Vietnamese Embassy in your country, we will apply on arrival visa for you so that you can get it at the airport when you arrive in Vietnam. You will pay the fee yourself when you obtain visa at the Vietnamese Embassy or Vietnamese Immigration Office at the airport. 2. What kind of visa will be applied for me when I study at FPTU? Your visa is student visa which is valid in 1 year, so that it must be renewed yearly. You will be applied single entry visa in the first time. After studying 1 year at FPTU, your visa will be renewed and changed to multiple entry one. 3. Can I have visa before finishing payment? It is impossible for you to get visa without payment completion. You are requested to finish financial duties mentioned in the Conditional Offer Letter and Fee plan first, and your visa will be applied for you later. 4. How long does it take me to get visa after my payment is finished? When FPTU receives your transfer telex/transfer confirmation from your bank, we will start to prepare for visa application. We endeavor to get your visa code within 7 – 14 working days. This duration may vary during the peak time.
1. Where can I find more help? To offer the most favorable studying conditions for students, FPTU provides advisory services on enrollment, and other procedures to the new students who intend to study at FPT University. During studying time, FPTU Student Services division is available for international students to come and seek for help in both academic and personal issues. Student Service staffs always try to keep track of students and offer advice or immediate discussion. Seminars on effective study methods are often organized based on students’ demand.