FPT to become the Most Efficient Technology Enterprise in Vietnam

At the “Top 50 Best Business Companies of Vietnam 2016” Award, FPT was honored as one of the top 50 companies performing most efficiently in Vietnam.

Hinh-2-2699-1497092337
Mr. Nguyen Tuan Hung (left), Deputy General Director of FPT IS, FPT representative received the Top 50 Award of Investment Bridge.

According to the Investment Bridge, FPT’s business results reflect its efforts made over the previous years. By the end of 2016, FPT recorded consolidated sales of VND 40,545 billion, up to 1.4% compared to in 2015. Profit before tax (PBT) was reached at VND 3,014 billion, profit after tax (PAT) was VND 2,576 billion, up to 6% compared to the last year. In recent years, FPT has maintained the achievement of “trillion dong profit”.

It is seen as an in-depth review of the company’s business and governance performance in 2016. This is the sixth time FPT Corporation has been honored and become the only technology company on the top 50 this time.

The ceremony to honor the top 50 successful enterprises in 2016 took place on June 9 at GEM Center, District 1, marking the sixth anniversary of the Top 50 Programme of the Investment Bridge Magazine, ranks the listed companies through international standardized scientific measurement methods, with the advice of financial analysts from Thien Viet Securities Company, Vietnam Investment Group Fund Management Company (VIG), Vietnam Capital Partners Fund Management Company (VCP). Of these businesses, many professionals from Harvard Business School (USA) and other prestigious international business organizations.

Hinh-3-7288-1497092337
Through six years of Investment Bridge’s ranking, FPT is one of the top 10 companies in the Top 50. F-Business is also the only technology company to be honored in this award.

The results of this year’s rankings depend on the performance of the business, with a share of 70% divided equally by the two criteria of average double revenue growth and average return on equity (ROE) in 3 years. Meanwhile, the remaining 30% will be decided by the market through the stock return to investor.

Speaking in the ceremony, Mr. Dang Huy Dong, Deputy Minister of Planning and Investment, evaluated that the special awarding ceremony of private economic development has become an important driving force in the market economy. Mr. Dang Huy Dong also congratulated and appreciated the values that enterprises in the Top 50 brought.

According to the latest report, in the first four months of 2017, FPT recorded consolidated sales of VND 12,975 billion, up to 13% compared to the same period of 2016, reaching 104% of the full 4 months. Profit before tax (PBT) reached VND 904 billion, up to 14% over the same period, equivalent to 108% of the cumulative plan. Profit after tax (PAT) reached 759 billion, up to 18% over the same period.

The F member units have also completed the annual shareholders’ meeting in 2017. In FY2016, FPT Online continues to be the F champion with 60%, gets 10% higher than last year. Meanwhile, FPT pays 35%, including 20% in cash and 15% in shares and FPT Telecom pays 30% of dividend with 20% of cash and 10% of share.

IMG-5266-2143-1497092337
Following the ceremony was the “Business Dialogue of Billion Dollar” session with the co-founder, FPT CEO Mr. Nguyen Thanh Nam. Speakers are senior executives of companies with market capitalization of over $ 1 billion such as Mobile World, Vietjet Air, Masan Group. Mr. Thanh Nam revealed that a leader of the Investment Bridge Magazine asked for his help to act as a facilitator with the criterion of “making a funny and comfortable dialogue.”

The ceremony also attracted many businessmen and many big companies all over the country because the seminar was considered to be interesting, humorous but brought many profound business lessons. Led by the former of FPT CEO Mr. Nguyen Thanh Nam, there were more three special guests including CEO of Vietjet – Mr. Luu Duc Khanh, Chairman of the Board of Directors and General Director of Nguyen Duc Tai Mobile World Investment Joint Stock Company and representative from from Masan – Mr. Pham Trung Lam.

Credit: Xuan Phuong (Chungta.vn)