FPT University (FPTU) is the one of the largest and most accredited private universities in Vietnam, sponsored by FPT Corporation – a leading ICT enterprise with presence in over 21 countries. Choose to study at FPT University, you will experience a modern learning philosophy. Students are provided the best conditions for professional development including modern, up-to-date studying facilities, languages and soft skills, and guaranteed to become qualified experts in a global working environment. Upon graduation, students are awarded with an internationally recognized degree that increases their competitiveness and chance of success in challenging international employment markets all over the world.
FPT University undergraduate programs are highly appreciated for its industry-oriented curriculum helps narrow the gap between college education and actual industry demands. Focusing on two of the most developed and demanded fields, Information Technology and Business, FPT University aims to equip students with the best quality education and skills and open a path for them to climb higher into their future.
For this academic year of 2018, with intakes in January, May and September, FPT University and University of Greenwich (Vietnam) as known as FPT Greenwich offers a set of specialized, degree-awarded courses for international students as follows:
+ FPT University’s Undergraduate Programs:
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (BSE)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of International Business (BIB)
+ FPT Greenwich’s Undergraduate Programs:
- B.Sc (Honours) Computing – 3 Years Full Time
- B.Sc (Honours) Computing – Final Year (Topup)
- B.A (Honours) Business Management – 3 Years Full Time
- B.A (Honours) Business Management – Final Year (Top-up)
Students are encouraged to apply early in order to secure to a seat in the program and be eligible for the special offers from FPT University. For information related to how to apply, please click Contact Us.
1. Academic Qualification
The candidates who are seeking admission to the program must have:
- A High school certificate from a national-accredited educational institute.
The following examples demonstrate some qualifications from different countries accepted by FPT University:
- Bangladesh: Higher Secondary Certificate
- Cambodia: Upper Secondary School or Baccalauréat
- Ghana: West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
- Indonesia: Upper Secondary School Diploma (Ijazah SMA) or Certificate of Final National Examination (Surat Keterangan Hasil Ujian Nasional)
- India: Senior School Certificate / Pre-University Certificate / Pre-Degree Certificate
- Kenya: Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or East African Advanced Certificate of Education
- Laos: Upper Secondary School Diploma
- Nigeria: West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
- Philippines: High School Diploma
- Senegal: Baccalaureate / Technical Baccalaureate
2. English proficiency
Success at FPTU begins with a strong comprehension of the English language. Because our rigorous courses are taught in English and move at a fast pace, fluency in the language is necessary for understanding concepts and expressing yourself effectively. Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of English language proficiency. You need to meet one of the following requirements:
- TOEFL (PBT): 500/ TOEFL (IBT): 90-100/ C1/ CAE/ or TOEIC: 800
- IELTS:6.0 or Equivalent (no skills under 5.0)
(Test score must be valid at the time of submission)
COSTS & FEES
1. Accommodation (Hoa Lac)
|Kitchen with utensil||×||Shared||✓|
|Electricity (1 cent/kwh)||✓||✓||✓|
|Bed set (bed, matrix, drape, pillow, blanket, mosquito net)||✓||✓||✓|
|Laundry and cleaning service||✓||✓/×||✓/×|
|FEE/PERSON/MONTH||$100||$110 – $150||$150|
|TRANSPORTATION WITHIN CITY||FARE||NOTE|
|Taxi||(5 cents – 6 cents/km)||Uber, Grab taxi available|
|Motor-Taxi||(5 cents/km)||Not highly recommended for safety reasons|
|Electric bike renting||($47/ month)|
3. Food & Drinks
|FOOD AND DRINKS||COST|
|Pho (hot noodle soup)||$1,5|
|Bun cha (noodle with grilled pork)||$2|
|Banh cuon (rice rolls)||$2|
|Bun nem (noodle with spring rolls)||$2|
|Pizza||$2 – $3,5|
|KFC||$1,5 – $3|
|Fry rice||$1,5 – $2|
|A set of steamed rice||$2 – $2,5|
|A glass of beer (0.5l)||< $1|
|A cup of coffee||$1 – $2|
|A bottle of water||< $1|
|A cup of mixed fruit||$1 – $2|
FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
At FPT University students are awarded scholarships by demonstrating a high level of academic and personal achievement. These scholarships are designed to reward, encourage, and assist students in pursuing academic excellence and leadership roles.
How Do I Apply for FPTU Scholarships?
Applicants to FPTU are encouraged to apply for scholarships managed by contacting directly to their admission officers or agents during their admissions application. Scholarships are awarded to students who meet the specific criteria, which may include a variety of factors such as student’s academic achievements, ethnicity, volunteer work, professional interests and eagerness to join the program. Financial Aid and Scholarships are awarded on the basis of both academic merit and financial need.
Notification of Scholarship Eligibility
International Admission office will give the notification of eligibility to a student once his/her application meet all the requirements.
On-the-Job Training is an optional component that creates opportunities for students to join real projects, real international working environment, and gain valuable hands-on experiences. It gives the competitive edge and highly increases chance of getting employment after graduation to its participants.
|Duration||1 semester (4.5 months)|
What are the benefits?
- Participate in a real-world working environment and gain actual working experiences.
- Meet professionals at work and develop personal network that can be valuable for your future career.
- Apply theoretical knowledge into practical working environment, be familiar with working culture that are different in each company.
- Realize your direction and select the right path for your career after graduation.
Senior year students are able to apply to the OJT program. For more information on how to apply, contacts the University Academic Department.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply for the Bachelor of Software Engineering or the Bachelor of Business Administration program, candidates must submit all of the following documents for admission evaluation:
- FPT University Application Form
- Highest qualification (High school diploma) – Certification & Transcript
- Proof of English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL) (for non-native English speaking candidates only)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- International Passport
- Passport photograph (3x4cm)
- Health Check Certificate (taken within the last 06 months)
*Notes to applicants:
– All documents mentioned in the Application Package above must be authenticated and notarized by local authorities. Forged or illegally edited documents will be disqualified and its owner will be banned from applying to the University.
– FPT University is only the legitimate party authorized to issue the Application Form, Conditional Offer Letter, Fee Plan and Admission Letter. Any of these documents given to students by a third party is considered invalid.
– Official educational agents of FPT University are authorized to mediate documents between the University and applicants. Applicants must consult with the University’s International Admission Department for the validity of the agent and its documents before continue the application.
Chanvongnaraz Pany, Laotian, BBA student
“These past 3 years of my university life in FPT surely are full of adventure, great experience and wonderful memories I spend with my friends in Vietnam which gradually help develop my personal and professional skills . This all thanks to FPT lectures and staff that run activities in this campus, thanks to my Vietnamese friends and family that are so friendly and helpful, and most of all I am so thankful to FPT University for giving me such an opportunity and support to come study in this school.”
Samuel Onyedi Columbus, Nigerian, BSE student
“I would describe FPT University as exciting and dynamic. The best thing about being a student here is the number of additional opportunities that are available. I was initially attracted here by the school’s reputation, and my career goals. The University is multicultural, open, committed to educating at the highest standards, which offers a fantastic academic environment, seminars, interdisciplinary initiatives, as well as a remarkable library and sport facility. For these reasons, I would heartily recommend FPT University to other students.”
Vu Dinh Dong, Vietnamese, Tester – FPT Information System Company Limited, former BSE student, class of 2012
“Thanks to a curriculum with high practicality and the qualified teachers with years of experience in teaching and working in professional environments, I was job-ready even before graduation. I knew exactly what to do and how to do it in the most efficient way. The career services provided by FU staff also helped enhance my employability significantly.”
Tran Nguyen Dang Khoa, project leader at FPT Software, student exchange program at Furtwangen University in Germany 2014.
“FPT university has given me a lot of precious opportunities. At FPT University, I have been able to learn invaluable knowledge, accumulate important life skills and practice leadership skills.”
Le Ha, specialist in event organization and project management at the Global Development and Alliance JSC, former FPT business student.
“There aren’t many universities specialising in ICT training that have such a large number of business students like FPT University. Learning business helps IT experts-to-be develop their critical thinking skills, which are invaluable for economic development as well as career development”
Nguyen Thi Huong Quynh, auditor at Pricewaterhouse Coopers Vietnam Limited Company, former Finance & Banking students.
“The best thing about FPT University is that all students live and study in an environment that highly values equality, transparency and democracy. The academic staff are really good and also very enthusiastic. Students are always heard and respected.”